This is officially my second time baking brownies from scratch, and I must say… it’s a LOT easier than I thought it would be! They come together SO easily!!
These brownies have it all. Chocolatey, fudgey goodness. Cheesecakey yumminess. Slight hint of coffee flavor. Beautiful presentation. Its all there.
I will now indulge a few pointers which I have mentally noted in an effort to make things easier on me…. erm… you:
- Room temperature cream cheese does NOT mean melted cream cheese. Therefore, do NOT accidentally forget to leave it on the pre-heating oven! Not that I did that or anything…….
- When a recipe says leave 1/4 of the dough, be a bit more methodical and actually leave enough to get a nice swirl. Again, just in theory…
- Double the brownie dough. I used an 8.5 x 8.5 inch dish and the brownie layer was SO thin.
- Do NOT thoughtlessly grab a hot brownie pan until its been thouroughly cooled. NOOooo… it doesn’t matter if its silicone, it’s still hot. Sheesh….
- And lastly do not get caught up watching Pirates of the Carribean: At World’s End whilst making these brownies. And if you do, don’t forget to set your timer several minutes before the ‘done’ time. Check!
For more of my pics, click here.