6 ingredients most likely already in your possession + 1 bowl + No yeast, waiting time, or kneading = a delicious bread sent down from Heaven for all of us under-achievers.
Seriously, you might even feel a little guilty at how easily this comes together. But once you pour some honey on top and take that first warm bite, you won’t care. I promise.
This is the perfect bread to enjoy with a steamy bowl of your favorite chili or as dessert topped with honey or your favorite jam. Or honey. I love honey.
I have problems… moving on.
Makes 1 loaf
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 TBSP sugar
1 TBSP baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 bottle (12 oz) beer
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted (can reduce to 1/4 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5x3″ loaf pan, set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Using a wooden spoon, stir the beer into the dry ingredients until just mixed. Try to pour the beer slowly to minimize foam.
4. Pour half of the melted butter into the loaf pan. Trust me. Then spoon the batter into the pan, and pour the rest of the butter on top of the batter.
5. Bake for 50-60 mins, or until a beautiful golden brown. Serve immediately.
With honey. 😉
2 thoughts on “Seriously Simple Beer Bread”
I’ve always been too nervous to try beer bread. I’m curious about the flavour though
Yum! I’ve never made beer bread and this looks delicious!