These brownies are really just an excuse to have your cake… erm, cookie… erm, brownie and eat it too. But that’s totally acceptable with these brownies.
Not that you need an excuse or anything… just sayin. In case you’re having one of those wishy-washy days.
Do people still say ‘wishy-washy?’ I hope so! If not, I’m bringing it back!!
This is nothing short of chocolate nirvana: a chocolatey, moist, fudgy, dense brownie (exactly how I love them) studded with bits of oreos sprinkled with, you guessed it… more oreos.
For the love of all things delicious, try these! My little brownie monster (aka: my brother) approves 😀
1 cup Butter
2 cups White Sugar
4 whole Eggs
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 cup Flour
⅔ cups Cocoa Powder
½ teaspoons Baking Powder
½ teaspoons Salt
1 cup chopped Oreos (or cookies of your choice) for mix-ins
1/2 cup chopped oreos (for the topping) optional
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper or foil. Leave an inch hang-over on each side for easy removal once the brownies are done. (You can also spray the parchment paper/foil with a light mist of cooking spray to help ensure easy release.)
• Melt butter in a medium bowl and set aside to cool off a bit.
• Measure flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into a small bowl and whisk to combine.
• Stir the sugar into the melted butter. Beat in the eggs one at a time until each is combined. Then stir in the vanilla. Then add the dry ingredients and mix until JUST combined. FOLD in one cup of chopped oreos (or suit the amount to your tastes) with a rubber spatula.
• Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a tester (aka toothpick) inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Remove from oven, scatter remaining 1/2 cup of chopped oreos on top and lightly press them down (if using them). Let cool to room temperature, then cut the size to your liking. These will be messy to eat (as the cookies are not adhered to the brownie.) To fix this problem, add a thin layer of your favorite (not too sweet) frosting to your COOLED brownies and THEN sprinkle the cookies on.